The course schedule is as follows:
April 10th -12th AITC
April 13th Medic First Aid
April 14thth – 18th ITC
Become an Assistant Instructor
Duration 3 days
The Assistant Instructor Training Course (AITC) is a program that will provide hands-on experience, and help build teaching and organizational skills integral to being an assistant instructor. In addition, you will learn more about the equipment, how to prepare and use it properly, fundamental safety principles, and how a Kiteboarding center works.
* If you intend on registering for an ITC (Instructor Training Course to become a Level 1 Instructor) then this course is mandatory.
Assistant Instructor is qualified to
- Manage the equipment organization and maintenance
- Teach one student at a time up to level 1/C (under supervision of L2)
- Supervise the safety of 1 kiteboarders from level 2/I and above (under supervision of L2)
- Assist an Instructor level 1 or level 2 or higher, with launching and landing procedures and information transmission during a course (under supervision of L2)
Assistant Instructor prerequisites
- Be at least 16 years old (Candidates under 18 years old must obtain parental consent)
- Be certified as an IKO Member Level 3 for at least 6 months
- Have a valid first aid and CPR certificate
- Must be able to read and write
Become a Kiteboarding Instructor
Duration 5 days
The Training Course Level 1 (ITC) is designed for experienced kiteboarders who are passionate about the sport and sharing their expertise. In the training program you’ll learn IKO’s proven teaching methodology that uses a progression of exercises designed to build the student’s skills and understanding step-by-step. There is a high demand for IKO certified instructor both in the States and abroad since the IKO certification is recognized as the international standard of teaching and since kiteboarding is such a rapidly growing sport.
The complete IKO Instructor Training Program includes the IKO Assistant Instructor course (AITC), First Aid and CPR, and IKO Instructor Training Course Level 1 (ITC).
Your benefits with IKO:
- Access to the Pro Area of the IKO website
- Able to purchase IKO Instructor Insurance
- Able to purchase IKO products at Pro prices
- Access to the job opening listings on the IKO website
- Post a seeking employment ad viewable to IKO Centers
- Post personal profile information online, which is viewable via the general public website
Candidates to an ITC Level 1 must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Kiteboarding for at least 1 year and perform level 3n skills on demand in all wind conditions from 10-30 knots (jumping and riding toe side).
- Have an IKO Assistant Instructor certification.
- Have a valid first aid and CPR certificate or complete it before the ITC with the IKO Examiner running the course.
- Pass all the online Pre-ITC Course.
- Have a powerboat license if required, or have another boat safety course certification. (you may obtain one online at: http://www.boat-ed.com/)
- Must be able to read and write and speak fluently in the language the course is given.
- Sign the waiver form.
How to enroll in a course
Make sure you meet the prerequisites and have the necessary documents. Consult the Training Calendar and contact the local organizer directly. Then download, fill in and sign either the ITC Candidate Waiver form (also available in french) or IEC Candidate Waiver form with the supporting documents and send to the ITC organizer.