Duration: 5 days
The Assistant Instructor Training Course (AITC) is a program that will provide hands-on experience, and help build teaching and organizational skills integral to being an assistant instructor. In addition, you will learn more about the equipment, how to prepare and use it properly, fundamental safety principles, and how a Kiteboarding center works.
If you intend on registering for an ITC (Instructor Training Course to become a Level 1 Instructor), this course is mandatory.
Assistant Instructor responsibilities:
- Manage the equipment organization and maintenance
- Teach one student at a time up to level 1/C (under supervision of L2)
- Supervise the safety of 1 kiteboarders from level 2/I and above (under supervision of L2)
- Assist an Instructor level 1 or level 2 or higher, with launching and landing procedures and information transmission during a course (under supervision of L2)
Assistant Instructor prerequisites:
- Be at least 16 years old (Candidates under 18 years old must obtain parental consent)
- Have a valid first aid and CPR certificate
- Must be able to read and write