This is our 9-hour (3 day) course designed to cover all the steps that will turn anyone into independent kiteboarder. These steps also cover all the IKO Standards letting your instructor certify you with the IKO Kite Boarder’s Card.
A three-hour kiteboarding lesson covering the basics of kiteboarding. This lesson is the first step toward accelerating your learning curve and staying safe.
- Weather conditions and choosing a safe location
- Start to learn by flying a small trainer kite
- Kite theory and the wind window
- How to set up a four line inflatable kite
- Safety systems, preflight check
- Flying the kite at the edge of the wind window to generate power
- One-hand kite control
- Launching and landing a full-sized inflatable kite
- Board Recovery
- Body dragging in the water and generating power
The next three-hour kiteboarding lesson allows you to experience the true power of the kite in the water. This is the next step in order to get up and stand up!
- Activating the safety quick release
- Re-launching the kite in the water
- Controlling the kite with one hand while hooked into the harness
- Board recovery without using a board leash
- Performing self-rescues
- Body dragging upwind
- Water Start and riding short distance in both directions
This three-hour lesson emphasizes board control and riding. By the end of this lesson you will be standing up and on your way to being able to ride upwind.
Skills you will learn:
- Generating steady power with the kite
- Proper body positioning and edge control
- Board control
- Riding in both directions
- Appropriate gear selection for wind conditions
Please fill out your Student Record File and Liability Waiver before your lesson.