The Sea Star is a cozy retreat tucked away in historic Kinnakeet Village in Avon. Rest and relaxation come easy as you recline on a porch swing enjoying the scenery of the canal. Just a few steps off your back porch and you can be fishing off the docks or paddling your kayak to catch the sunset over the Pamlico Sound. The swimming pool is open May through September. A kayak and Stand Up Paddle Board are free for your use.
The Sea Star is located in one unit of a duplex which has a spacious layout that is all on one level, one flight of stairs up. . There is a wood burning fireplace, a wet bar and a fully equipped modern kitchen with an eat-in breakfast bar island with 10 chairs. On either side of the common room are two bedrooms which are joined by a full jack and jill bathroom, there is a half bathroom off the living area.Each bedroom has a sliding glass door out to the shared covered porches. The space fits up to 10 people comfortably. There is also an outdoor shower, charcoal grill, laundry room and parking under the house.
Unique features of the location:
– A shared pool is a few steps away from the front deck, it is shared by the folks staying in the other duplex as well (for the most part it is your private pool).
– Watersports action awaits right outside your door since the Turtle Club is situated in the Kite Club Hatteras complex, which means kiteboarding and stand up paddleboard lessons head out daily from the docks.
– The long docks on the canal are perfect for fishing, crabbing and docking your boat and there is a fish cleaning station on the smaller of the docks.
– Big gas grill on the back porch.
– Outdoor shower and laundry room on the front porch.
– Cable television is available on main Living Room television via internet streaming.
– Sheets and bath towels are provided at no additional cost.
– We strive to provide you with all the cooking utensils you would have in your own home.